By Charlene Li
The Disruption Mindset
To be competitive, it’s no longer enough to be innovative – you must have a strategy for disruptive growth, a plan to identify and seize an opportunity no one else has the audacity or confidence to reach for. Disruptors don’t just blow things up – they also create and build things that results in huge, positive change. This book will help you build your own disruption mindset.
What Experts Are Saying
Charlene Li has done it again. With carefully-researched examples, she demonstrates how shifting the mindset of a company leads to breakthroughs that, in turn, lead to exponential and disruptive innovation.
Evolution is not about survival of the fittest; it’s about thriving on disruption. The Disruption Mindset will change your perspective, your business, and, dare we hope, your corporate culture.
Thriving through and beyond disruption is a people challenge, first and foremost. Charlene Li’s experiences and practical guidance show leaders a successful path. I’m all-in for this!
Charlene Li understands that businesses don’t disrupt unless individuals do. The Disruption Mindset will help leaders shift their organizational cultures into high-gear growth strategies.
Change is not easy, but it’s necessary. Disruption has touched every industry and promoted exponential growth along the way. Charlene Li’s book encourages readers to take a chance, uproot the status quo, and go for the gold. No guts, no glory.
In The Disruption Mindset, Charlene Li reminds us that while organizational structure is the spine of your organization, storytelling is its soul. Repetition and sharing of company lore strengthens your culture during difficult disruption.
Disruption isn’t something you observe, it’s something you must engage. It It means changing mindset to move beyond fear. But it’s hard! Charlene Li is a trusted advisor to help you and your team dance with disruption in this fast changing world. Read it and move faster.
The Engaged Leader
A Strategy for Your Digital Transformation
How Social Technology Can Transform How You Lead
Winning In a World Transformed By Social Technologies
Publications & Recognition
- The Engaged Leader named the recipient of the Independent Publisher Book Award, 2016
- Groundswell, revised edition, named a Top 25 best social media book of 2011 by Customer Think
- Open Leadership debuted at #5 on The New York Times bestseller list, May 2010
- Groundswell named the recipient of the 2009 Berry-AMA Book Prize for the best book in marketing
- Named by Fast Company as one of The Most Influential Women in Technology
- Groundswell named by CIO Insight as one of the Top 10 Business- Tech Books of 2008
- Named by Fast Company as one of The 12 Most Creative Minds of 2008
- Groundswell named by Businessweek as one of the Best Innovation & Design Books of 2008
- Groundswell named by strategy+business as one of the Best Business Books 2008 and “Top Shelf” in Marketing
- Groundswell named by Advertising Age as one of the 8 Books You Should have Read, 2008
- Groundswell named one of 10 Insightful Web 2.0 Books by CIO Insight
- Groundswell, co-authored with Josh Bernoff, named by Amazon as one of the Top 10 Business & Investing Books of 2008
- The Disruption Mindset, in research/writing phase, target publication August 2019.
- The Engaged Leader: A Strategy for Your Digital Transformation, March 2015. Independent Book Publisher Award, 2016.
- Seven Success Factors of Social Business Strategy, July 2013.
- Open Leadership: How Social Technology Can Transform the Way You Lead, May 2010. New York Times bestseller.
- Marketing in the Groundswell, June 2009.
- Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies, May 2008, 2nd edition June 2011. Named by Amazon as one of the best business books of 2008.
An Interview with Steve Miranda, Executive Vice President of Oracle Applications Product DevelopmentI recently had the chance to sit down with Steve Miranda who is one of the highest-ranking executives at Oracle. In the interview, Steve describes what it’s like to...
An Interview with Banfield Pet Hospitals President Brian GarishOver the past few months, I’ve gotten to know the team at Banfield Pet Hospitals, a division of Mars, through a speech to their leadership team and some advisory work. During this time, I’ve had a chance...
Experience is what you get when
you don’t get what you want.
— Charlene Li —