By Charlene Li
In Open Leadership Charlene Li (the coauthor of blockbusting bestseller Groundswell) offers the next step resource that shows leaders how to tap into the power of the social technology revolution and use social media to be “open” while maintaining control. This important book explains how Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Yammer, Jive and other popular social media sites can improve efficiency, communication, and decision-making for leaders and their organizations.
As Li explains, openness requires more — not less — rigor and effort than being in control. Open Leadership reveals step-by-step, with illustrative case studies and examples from a wide range of industries and countries, how to bring the precision of this new openness to both inside and outside the organization. The author includes suggestions that will help an organization determine an open strategy, weigh the benefits against the risk, and have a clear understanding of the implications of being open. The book also contains guidelines, policies, and procedures that successful companies have implemented to manage openness and ensure that business objectives are at the center of their openness strategy.
By embracing social media, leaders can transform their organizations to become more effective, decisive, and ultimately more profitable in this new era of openness in the marketplace.
The Engaged Leader
A Strategy for Your Digital Transformation
The Disruption Mindset
Build your own disruptor’s agenda.
Winning In a World Transformed By Social Technologies
Publications & Recognition
- The Engaged Leader named the recipient of the Independent Publisher Book Award, 2016
- Groundswell, revised edition, named a Top 25 best social media book of 2011 by Customer Think
- Open Leadership debuted at #5 on The New York Times bestseller list, May 2010
- Groundswell named the recipient of the 2009 Berry-AMA Book Prize for the best book in marketing
- Named by Fast Company as one of The Most Influential Women in Technology
- Groundswell named by CIO Insight as one of the Top 10 Business- Tech Books of 2008
- Named by Fast Company as one of The 12 Most Creative Minds of 2008
- Groundswell named by Businessweek as one of the Best Innovation & Design Books of 2008
- Groundswell named by strategy+business as one of the Best Business Books 2008 and “Top Shelf” in Marketing
- Groundswell named by Advertising Age as one of the 8 Books You Should have Read, 2008
- Groundswell named one of 10 Insightful Web 2.0 Books by CIO Insight
- Groundswell, co-authored with Josh Bernoff, named by Amazon as one of the Top 10 Business & Investing Books of 2008
- The Disruptor’s Agenda, in research/writing phase, target publication February 2019.
- The Engaged Leader: A Strategy for Your Digital Transformation, March 2015. Independent Book Publisher Award, 2016.
- Seven Success Factors of Social Business Strategy, July 2013.
- Open Leadership: How Social Technology Can Transform the Way You Lead, May 2010. New York Times bestseller.
- Marketing in the Groundswell, June 2009.
- Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies, May 2008, 2nd edition June 2011. Named by Amazon as one of the best business books of 2008.