By Charlene Li
Awards for Groundswell
- Awarded the American Marketing Association Foundation’s prestigious Berry-AMA Book Prize for best marketing book of 2009
- Named by Amazon as one of the Top 10 Business & Investing Books of 2008
- Named by CIO Insight as one of the Top 10 Business-Tech Books of 2008
- Named by Fortune Magazine as one of the 3 best Web books of 2008
- Named by Advertising Age as number 3 of 10 Books You Should Have Read
- Named by BusinessWeek as one of the Best Innovation & Design Books of 2008
- Named by strategy+business as one of the Best Business Books 2008 and “Top Shelf” in Marketing
- Named one of 10 Insightful Web 2.0 Books by CIO Insight
Reviews of Groundswell
“(The book) is not so much a manifesto or a dissection of online culture as it is a how-to manual for executives and mid-level managers trying to navigate this fast-changing and often confusing environment.” —Ideas: Book Review, Financial Times
“For anyone interested in social media’s impact on business, Groundswell is a great read.” —ReadWriteWeb
“The Forrester analysts have prepared one of the most comprehensive and useful primers on the sudden surge in social media.” —Groundswell Gains A Following, Advertising Age
“This is recommended reading for people in any kind of web marketing role.” —How To Change The World, by Guy Kawasaki
“This book will rock your world, if social technology hasn’t rocked it already. It’s a tsunami of unstoppable force. Amazon, Procter & Gamble, Facebook, Google, and Dell are profiting from the crest of the wave. Are you? Li and Bernoff are the apostles of the tsunami. This book will be your bible.” —Scott Cook, Founder and Chairman of the Executive Committee, Intuit
“Groundswell provides practical advice on how to stay nimble and flexible in an ever-morphing digital world. Enabling your company to respond to change quickly — especially when talking to and supporting your consumers — is essential for business success.” —Cathie Black, President, Hearst Magazines
“The first phase of the Internet was about getting everyone connected. In this next phase, which changes the way we work, live, play, and learn, we’re starting to realize the value of those connections as well as the new communications and experiences those interactions lead to — the ‘human network.’ Groundswell effectively documents this shift and underscores the opportunities available to all from this major market transition.” —John T. Chambers, Chairman and CEO, Cisco Systems
“Heed the Groundswell! It’s critical reading and helped us master the new dynamics of social media.” —Christina Norman, President, MTV Networks
“Groundswell is a comprehensive look at the tidal wave of change engulfing marketers. Nobody should attempt to engage the newly empowered and emboldened consumer without first hearing what Li and Bernoff have to say on the subject.” —Clark Kokich, CEO, Avenue A | Razorfish
“Social technologies and the groundswell impact every business and organization worldwide. Li and Bernoff have written an insightful book that takes a refreshing research-driven approach to helping businesses transform themselves and successfully navigate this new dynamic landscape.” —Steve Rubel, Senior Vice President, Edelman Digital, and columnist for Advertising Age
“Internet-style communication tools change organizational communication completely, providing a means for workers to run organizations more effectively. Groundswelldescribes how this can happen in any organization, focusing on the human issues, which is the hard part.” —Craig Newmark, Founder, craigslist.org
The Engaged Leader
A Strategy for Your Digital Transformation
The Disruption Mindset
Build your own disruptor’s agenda.
How Social Technology Can Transform How You Lead
Publications & Recognition
- The Engaged Leader named the recipient of the Independent Publisher Book Award, 2016
- Groundswell, revised edition, named a Top 25 best social media book of 2011 by Customer Think
- Open Leadership debuted at #5 on The New York Times bestseller list, May 2010
- Groundswell named the recipient of the 2009 Berry-AMA Book Prize for the best book in marketing
- Named by Fast Company as one of The Most Influential Women in Technology
- Groundswell named by CIO Insight as one of the Top 10 Business- Tech Books of 2008
- Named by Fast Company as one of The 12 Most Creative Minds of 2008
- Groundswell named by Businessweek as one of the Best Innovation & Design Books of 2008
- Groundswell named by strategy+business as one of the Best Business Books 2008 and “Top Shelf” in Marketing
- Groundswell named by Advertising Age as one of the 8 Books You Should have Read, 2008
- Groundswell named one of 10 Insightful Web 2.0 Books by CIO Insight
- Groundswell, co-authored with Josh Bernoff, named by Amazon as one of the Top 10 Business & Investing Books of 2008
- The Disruptor’s Agenda, in research/writing phase, target publication February 2019.
- The Engaged Leader: A Strategy for Your Digital Transformation, March 2015. Independent Book Publisher Award, 2016.
- Seven Success Factors of Social Business Strategy, July 2013.
- Open Leadership: How Social Technology Can Transform the Way You Lead, May 2010. New York Times bestseller.
- Marketing in the Groundswell, June 2009.
- Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies, May 2008, 2nd edition June 2011. Named by Amazon as one of the best business books of 2008.