What we discuss in this episode:
- Why I’m passionate about disruption.
- The three significant pressures impacting leaders today.
- Perpetual change requires a new set of rules for leadership.
- What does it mean to be a leader versus the best leaders for whom we’ve ever worked?
- Leadership is a relationship between those who aspire to create change and people inspired to follow them.
- Leadership requires practicing followership, defining the type of relationship you want with followers.
- To be relationship-focused, leaders need to move on from traditional command-and-control models of leadership.
- Author Gary Bolles gives an example of the new type of relationship needed, that of a leader or manager becoming a guide.
- Relationships mean that we aim for excellence instead of perfection because no relationship is ever perfect.
My Website: https://charleneli.wpengine.com/
More from Gary Bolles: https://www.gbolles.com/