What I’m doing now
I’m sharing what I’m working on with the hopes that it will 1) you’ll help me with these project where possible; 2) not ping me about projects that aren’t on this list.
- I updated my latest book The Disruption MIndset with a new Preface to put the book in the context of the COVID-19 crisis. For a limited time (until the shelter-in-place is lifted in California), I’m making the eBook version available for free. My hope is that it will help people thrive with this disruption and become strong disruptive leaders — because we need them now more than ever. You can download the book here.
- Check out the new Quantum Networks Connection Circles, a four-week program to connect and support disruptive leaders to show up strong and focused during these turbulent times. Quantum Networks is a community that supports disruptive leaders in their quest to create exponential change and impact. Come check it out at quantum-networks.com and meet/support other disruptors! Quantum is in addition and supportive of my work at Altimeter, where I continue to be a Senior Fellow.
- Altimeter’s “State of Digital Transformation” survey is in the field! We are looking at the impact of COVID-19 on digital transformation strategy in six regions – I’m really curious to see what we find! I would love to talk to anyone who is significantly accelerating their digital transformation because of COVID-19, in order to better serve changing customer needs.
- I’m also thinking about how strategic planning works and how it needs to be disrupted. The planning process is typically based on the calendar year — and yet business cycles defy the calendar. So why are we a slave to the calendar year? I’m interested in talking with organizations that have stepped out of the planning rut (start in July, wind it up by mid-December) and instead have a continuous planning process with quarterly reviews that feed a rolling 18-month plan and budget.
- I’m doing regular livestreams on Mondays at 10 am PST. You can find them on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Periscope. For those of you who are interested, I’m using Streamyard to simulcast. I also use Crowdcast.io for webinars and Ecamm Live to pre-record video sessions.
- Most of my client work these days focuses on executive planning sessions, virtual leadership and strategy workshops, and digital transformation assessments. I’m continually
- Starting Week 9 of sheltering-in-place (I started early, on May 9th) and am thoroughly enjoying having my two college-aged kids home with me. They keep it real and are encouraging me to finally get on Tik Tok instead of just watching it.
- I’ve enjoyed using the mobile app Noom to get more exercise and eat better. I like how it provides a daily dose of psychology without being overly patronizing. 8/10, deducting a point for the not-so-stellar food library (I’m spoiled from MyFitnessPal) and deduct another point for the wonky navigation needed to log meals.
Updated May 4, 2020 in San Francisco, CA.