What I’m doing now
I’m sharing what I’m working on with the hopes that it will 1) you’ll help me with these project where possible; 2) not ping me about projects that aren’t on this list.
- My latest book The Disruption MIndset can be found in Hudson Bookstores in airports and train stations through the end of January. If you see a book “in the wild”, please snap a photo and send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I launched a new project, Quantum Networks, which seeks to connect disruptive leaders in their quest to create exponential change and impact. Come check it out at quantum-networks.com and meet/support other disruptors! Quantum is in addition and supportive of my work at Altimeter, where I continue to be a Senior Fellow.
- Kicking off Altimeter’s “State of Digital Transformation” focusing on what factors lead to digital transformation success. Would love to talk to anyone who thinks they are doing digital transformation well, or at least feel they have made some signifiant progress (e.g. it an be measured).
- I’m also thinking about how strategic planning works and how it needs to be disrupted. The planning process is typically based on the calendar year — and yet business cycles defy the calendar. So why are we a slave to the calendar year? I’m interested in talking with organizations that have stepped out of the planning rut (start in July, wind it up by mid December) and instead has a continuous planning process with quarterly reviews that feed a rolling 18 month plan and budget.
- Join me for an online Manifesto Writing Workshop on January 23, 2020 at 10am PT
- I’ll be speaking at the NASDAQ Entrepreneur Center in San Francisco on Wed. Jan. 24th from 5:30-7:30pm and the event is open to the public.
- I’m doing a lot of customer events and company leadership kick offs in January/February. Traveling to Washington DC, Atlanta (twice), San Diego, New Jersey, and Boston over the next three weeks. While there are few substitutes for the connection that comes from speaking and meeting in-person, I’m increasingly bothered by the significant environmental impact air travel has.
- I’m hosting a chamber music performance in my home in support of InterMusic SF. The Lee Trio featuring violinist Vladmir Babeshko will be performing on Saturday, February 1st from 7-9pm. We’ll be pouring the latest wines from our family vineyard, Lamesa Vineyards. Details and tickets are here.
- Have you been to Antarctica? If so, I’d love to hear details as I’m planning a family trip in December/January.
- And if you’re in Singapore and are in the tech start-up space, my son Ben Lague is studying there for the semester and I’d like to connect him with dynamic start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- Trying a dry January for the first time (got a late start, I’m on Day Three). In late 2018, I didn’t drink for six weeks and felt great! After just a few days, this has been a reminder about how easy it is to develop habits and rituals, e.g. having a drink after giving a speech, in the airport lounge, etc. Being dry just a few days is already helping me be more aware and intentional about my alcohol consumption.
Updated January 14, 2020 in Palm Springs, CA