What I’m doing now
I’m sharing what I’m working on with the hopes that it will 1) you’ll help me with these project where possible; 2) not ping me about projects that aren’t on this list.
- I updated my latest book The Disruption MIndset with a new Preface to put the book in the context of the COVID-19 crisis. For a limited time (until the shelter-in-place is lifted in California), I’m making the eBook version available for free. My hope is that it will help people thrive with this disruption and become strong disruptive leaders — because we need them now more than ever. You can download the book here.
- Check out the new Quantum Networks Connection Circles, a four-week program to connect and support disruptive leaders to show up strong and focused during these turbulent times. Quantum Networks is a community that supports disruptive leaders in their quest to create exponential change and impact. Come check it out at quantum-networks.com and meet/support other disruptors! Quantum is in addition and supportive of my work at Altimeter, where I continue to be a Senior Fellow.
- Altimeter’s “State of Digital Transformation” survey is in the field! We are looking at the impact of COVID-19 on digital transformation strategy in six regions – I’m really curious to see what we find! I would love to talk to anyone who is significantly accelerating their digital transformation because of COVID-19, in order to better serve changing customer needs.
- I’m also thinking about how strategic planning works and how it needs to be disrupted. The planning process is typically based on the calendar year — and yet business cycles defy the calendar. So why are we a slave to the calendar year? I’m interested in talking with organizations that have stepped out of the planning rut (start in July, wind it up by mid-December) and instead have a continuous planning process with quarterly reviews that feed a rolling 18-month plan and budget.
- I’m doing regular livestreams on Mondays at 10 am PST and on Wednesday at 5 pm PST. You can find them on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Periscope. For those of you who are interested, I’m using Streamyard to simulcast. I also use Crowdcast.io for webinars and Ecamm Live to pre-record video sessions.
- Most of my client work these days focuses on executive planning sessions, virtual leadership and strategy workshops, and digital transformation assessments. I’m continually
- Starting Week 9 of sheltering-in-place (I started early, on May 9th) and am thoroughly enjoying having my two college-aged kids home with me. They keep it real and are encouraging me to finally get on Tik Tok instead of just watching it.
- I’ve enjoyed using the mobile app Noom to get more exercise and eat better. I like how it provides a daily dose of psychology without being overly patronizing. 8/10, deducting a point for the not-so-stellar food library (I’m spoiled from MyFitnessPal) and deduct another point for the wonky navigation needed to log meals.
Updated May 4, 2020 in San Francisco, CA.