Charlene offers two general types of Executive Leadership Workshops, one focused on leadership engagement in the digital era and the other on leading a disruption strategy. The workshops can be customized for:
- Industry and business context. These workshops have been customized for businesses ranging from B2B healthcare to consumer electronics. Charlene also includes case studies relevant to the business challenge, whether it is revenue growth or cultural mindset change.
- Length and depth. Depending on audience and agenda, can range from an hour-long session to a full-day workshop.
These workshops are customized by content to include examples in the context of your industry and business situation. The length can be adjusted, anywhere from a short speech as part of an offsite to a full-day workshop depending on audience and need.
“Charlene organized and facilitated a workshop on disruption with transformative potential for our leadership team. By carefully considering our needs and customizing her approach, she delivered an experience that not only stretched our thinking but also provided the tools to turn big ideas into action. We’re a stronger leadership team for the experience!”
– Scott Greene, SVP Corporate Strategy, Fruit of the Loom
Leadership in the Digital Era
Digital technologies have revolutionized relationships — and leadership is no exception. To be truly engaged, effective leaders must harness the power of digital communications and branding, rather than remain on the sidelines, frozen by fear and the unknown. The key is understanding how your personal leadership style can be extended and scaled through digital techniques to achieve your most important goals.
We will look at how organizations are going through a digital transformation, the leadership needed to lead this change, and the culture you must foster to execute on the strategy. You’ll learn the art and science of how to listen, share, and engage with employees and customers in the digital era. We’ll also discuss common objections and concerns of leaders — and how to address them.
What You Will Learn
- Why leaders need to master a new way of developing relationships, which begins by stepping out of traditional hierarchies
- How to listen at scale, share to shape, and engage to transform to meet your strategic objectives
- The art of making this transformative mind shift
- The science of applying the right tools to meet your strategic goals
Disruption Strategy Workshop
To be competitive, it’s no longer enough to be innovative – you must have a strategy for disruption, a plan to identify and seize an opportunity no one else has the audacity or confidence to reach for. Disruptors don’t just blow things up – they also create and build things that result in huge, positive change. It’s the breakthrough growth and value that Disruptors create that is disruptive.
Leaders in disruptive organizations must walk the thin line between pushing Disruptors and teams to challenge the status quo and reach for audacious goals, while still enabling the organization to deliver on near-term objectives. This workshop uses frameworks and material from Charlene’s forthcoming book, The Disruptor’s Agenda, which lays out three elements of a disruption strategy:
- Center the strategy with a vision and purpose of how you will serve your next-generation customer
- Lead the strategy with groundswell leadership, creating a movement that energizes and sustains your efforts
- Transform your culture to have processes that encourage challenging orthodoxies and the discipline to identify and execute on opportunities
Disruption is a messy process and we will use case studies and exercises to dive deeply into the realities of the disruption journey. The case studies will open with a review and celebration of the breakthrough results, and then pull back the covers to reveal the moments of terrifying fear, uncertainty, and doubt, as well as the equally inspiring moments of audacity, courage, and an organization coming together. The exercises will bring the concepts into the current day and context, and build a stronger sense of purpose and resolve for the leaders to work in a more aligned, purpose-driven way.
What You Will Learn
- What it means to be disruptive and have a disruption strategy
- How to identify and align your organization around the biggest source of growth in the future
- How leadership must change to lead a disruption strategy
- How to systematically build a culture that can adapt to and execute a disruption strategy